31 October 2009

Halloweird



Well today is Halloweird. The lead in to winter. The first of a string of holidays. I know it's not really an official holiday but try to tell that to the kids. I feel that Halloween and some of its weirdness should be left to the kids. Come on, us adults have a whole bunch of holidays to party on so its only fair that the kids have one for themselves. Besides their birthdays of course. Now I'm certainly not trying to be a Scrooge or any thing like that. See every year the trick or treat times get a little shorter and we tell them they have to be in way earlier than we ever had to be in. Then we go out and party the night away. Yea I know, all the pervs are out on Halloween. No not really. I have never once in my life (and I'm old enough to remember what burning leaves smell like and not be afraid of that pop korn ball that the sweet old lady down the street used to put in our bag) heard or read about any thing that we say will happen actually happen. I'm sure every once in awhile bad things happen but it doesn't need to be Halloween. But I digress. Today is the real start to winter.  Days are getting shorter and tonight the clocks get turned back. There's a subject for later. Changing the clocks twice a year. Winter. There's another thing that should be for kids only. Snow. Sledding and building snow men and making little angels. Then you go home to a nice cup of hot chocolot. Mmm. BOO! Ha got ya going back to the day huh? Well got me any way. Today is the beginning of the end of summer. Autumn went by in a hurry and now its getting much colder. I'm pretty we wont see any more above 55 degree days until next year. Ah well some times winter can be pretty nice. Sitting by a warm fire and watching it snow could be nice. All I need for that is the warm fire. Maybe someday. Again with the hands. First I get one of those f-inn random stabbing pains in my hand and then they both kinda go a little number. That one hurt. A lot. I think it's time to close this post. My hands hurt too much and I need to stop. Have a wonderful day and a very scary evening. hahahahaha.   Auf Wiedersehen..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment