17 October 2009

Iowa trip, 16 Oct. 2009


Yesterday we drove down to Iowa to visit with the people we are buying our dog from. Nice people and the dogs seem to be very well mannered. I think we picked a good breeder. We also saw a couple of puppy's but they are still too young to handle. I'm going to try to plan another trip in 3 weeks or so. That will put the pups at 6 weeks old. We should know by then which puppy will be ours. Getting a puppy just before Christmas is going to be interesting to say the least. After counting the weeks it seems that we will be getting the puppy just before Thanksgiving. Cool. Now we will have a hyper little um big puppy running around during the holidays. Wow. I had a dog when I was growing up (who doesn't?) but I don't really remember the puppy stage. I was only 10 and my memories of childhood are sketchy at best. Maybe I'll get into that someday. We are thinking about calling our new puppy Jakob von der Too Little of Flat Rock. I think it's kinda catchy. I won't put up any pictures of the litter or any puppy's until we know for sure which one is going to be ours. Well I certainly will have my work cut out for me if I hope to train him into a good service dog. The breeder told us that she really doesn't train her dog's except to sit. If this puppy socializes as easy as the dogs we met yesterday then this is going to be almost easy. I'm still nervous as a long tail cat about this but hopefully I can pull it off. Well my fingers hurt and I'm kinda tired and sore from yesterdays drive so I'll sign off now and say adios amigos have a wonder full day.

No comments:

Post a Comment