11 October 2009

Winters First Dusting.

Yesterday I woke up to a very light dusting of snow (uug). Winter is on its way and I am in no way ready for it at all. I cant handle the cold like I used to. My hands hurt pretty bad when they get cold. Not just an increase in arthritis pain but the cold seems to affect my hands in weird ways. They get all stiff and achy and the skin feels really tight. Feels like if I make a hard fist the skin will split. I know, just don't make a hard fist. I don't usually make a fist except to see how bad my hands are.

On a brighter side we are going to get our puppy in about six weeks or so. One large boned German Shepard Dog coming up. I hope to train this dog to be a service dog for me. Sometimes I could use some help picking things up from the floor and sometimes I could really use some help with those really heavy doors that don't have a handicap button. Those doors were never a problem before but now, sheeesh some of them are just too heavy. I'm also hoping that a dog will help head off my little melt downs or at least distract me just long enough for me to get back in control of myself. Plus I will have my hands full just training the puppy. Maybe training a puppy will help boost my mind and everything that has gone wrong with it lately. I'm drawing a blank right now so I will end this post and start another one a little later. Ha I have writers block. Imagine that . See ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment