28 April 2010

Vacation is getting close

I thought that I would post something a little more up beat than I have been. I am going to be taking a 10 to 14 day vacation in May. Just about 10 days away now. I am going to use this time to try to find myself again. I am going to my sisters for a few days and then I am going to drive off into the mountains and start looking for my inner self,as it were.
        I will have an itineray and I will stick to it mostly. I might change highways in the middle of the day but my destination will be the same as I have planned. I am pretty much going to drive straight to my sisters. I have both my stops planned and I have reservations for motels. After I leave my sis's I will head towards the Grand Tetons and I'll stop for a night in Jackson Wy.  before I drive through Teton Natl. Park and then Yellowstone. I plan on staying in Cody Wy for a couple of days maybe. It might be super cool. All cowboy and rodeos and stuff like that. I get into old west stuff. Pretty cool you know The Duke and Henry Fonda and even good ole Ronny Regan.
          I'll probably head home after my stay in Cody. I have responsibility's here to take care of. I will wander back on the state and US highways instead of the Interstates. It's more fun and you see way more and it's generally cheaper. I think I'll head south a little when I leave Cody and check out Devils Tower and the Badlands. I might even get by Mt. Rushmore too I don't know yet. The car is new and I have AAA and a pretty good max on my credit card so I shouldn't have any problems that I can't handle on the road. 
      Once I get to the flat lands I'm going to just hammer home. I've seen about all of the plains states that I can handle. I can make the drive from the Badlands to here in a day and a half taking my time. Maybe a day if i hurry but I'm not in a hurry. That's what this trip is about. Relaxing and taking my time. Time once again to sign off. My hand hurts lika ell and I 'm getting a little tired. Happy trails to you ,until we meet again....    

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if my last one came through. I check in from time to time. I left something for you on my blog. It's a blog recognition award. I gave it to you because I want others to enjoy your words as much as I do.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete