19 April 2010

Just Another Day

I thought I would choose this color to signify spring time. I know, I mentioned it in my last post , but damn I love spring. Spring means that summer is almost here and I love summer. I love the heat and the storms. Wall clouds are exciting to see. You just never know about those guys. Sure summer has a couple of downsides. Bugs, lots of bugs. And a damn lot of those bugs are after my blood. And then there's the ones that bite or sting. Yikes ya know I can most certainly do without bug bites or stings. That shit can hurt. I also like to ride my bicycle. Except when the bugs are out. It's bad enough getting stung, but to get stung while riding is a bad scene. I went out today and rode a little and I do mean a little. Only a mile or so. Uptown to do a couple of errands and back. I live a half mile from town so with the riding around to different places I might have done a mile and a half.  As always when I first start to ride the fibro makes my legs burn like I've been doing deep knee bends for a few hours. It takes about a half a mile or so to get my legs to stop. After that then it's usually not so bad. I can suck up the rest of the pain. Well most of the time. It gets me though. 2 summers ago I took up riding for fun and pleasure and exercise. When I got into top shape, well for me anyway, I was able to ride 10 to 15 miles a day with no real trouble. My legs and arms would burn like I had tweaker bugs or something. That's when I started seeing Doctors and all that to see why my arms and legs would feel like they did. That's the best that I can come up with for description. Tweaker bugs and you know if you hold a bucket of sand at arms length. That is how my arms and legs would feel. Shit would hurt. Well it still hurts only maybe a little more now. Plus now I know what it is and I do not like it one bit. No sir not at all. I am grateful though that I could have been chosen for a much more insidious problem. Like some kind of cancer or an paralyzing injury. So there are times I try to tell myself that things could be much worse and then there are times that I think that how could things be any worse? I fight that off like a wildcat in heat when I get those thought's. I have people and pets that depend on me for support. I have friends that I like to party with and I like to go out on some weekends and dance and flirt and just have a bang up good time. And then I get sick. Kinda like I have been the last few weeks. Damn I have been on a fuc&^%$ roller coaster of ill one second sick like two puppy's the next. But I digress. I was raving about summer and I let myself wander. Ha. Ain't it cool? I am going to buy a hammock this year. That will be nice. Take a nap outside in the shade of my really huge maple tree. Damn gettin sleepy just thinkin about it. Did I ever mention in earlier post's that I was going to start documenting and talking about my scrips and my marijuana usage. The time is soon. I weaned off almost all my scrips. I just got tired of taking pills that really don't seem to do much except make me lazy and depressed. And a couple of those pills where anti-depressants. Hm go figure. I am going to work on a more natural therapy. My Doc told me to stay the course with what I am doing right now and she wants me to try the Cymbalta again in 2 weeks. She told me to keep smoking my pot and to keep on the fish oil caps. Her stance on medical marijuana is she is neither for nor against. Her position will not let her write a prescription when it does become legal. I can understand that. I will find a doc for a weed scrip if and when the time comes. Well my hands are again starting to bother me so I will sign off and bid you all a fond fare thee well. Keep the shiny side up and have a safe trip amigos.     

No comments:

Post a Comment