01 April 2010

Spring


Spring seems to be happening at record speed this year. I'm not bitching mind you just commenting. I love it. The sooner I  can go around with less clothing the better off I am. I love the spring. It has to be almost my favorite time of year. Everything that's nature is new or regrowing. Life is being revitalized. Animals are having or are going to be having their babies and new plants are coming up all over. My grass is even starting to green up. Yes. Yard work . I like doing yard work too. Yea I know imagine that. I hated that when I was a kid. Damn I have so much to do. I have been putting off a lot of work due to not having the money to get what I need. Now I can start buying what i need a little at a time and start getting my yard into some kind of order. I want to build a patio with a brick bbq grill and oven. Not a gas one either. I'll do a wood/charcoal burner. I know what I want I just need to draw up some plans and shop around to see how it's going to work. I'm going to town tomorrow to get a few yard things and some diatomaceous earth. Cool stuff. You should read up on it sometime. Fleas and ticks and all sorts of other bugs don't handle it so well. Plus it is not a chemical. I don't like chemicals. Bad news that stuff. So last week or so I decided to stop taking some of my pills. Yep. After I had some severe problems weaning off of Lyrica I thought to myself that the drugs are really not doing a lot of good so I am going to ditch them slowly but surely. I don't feel that I need 3 different anti-depressants. Too much, so no more and after almost two weeks of being sick from either or both and I am sure it is both a mild flu like thing and withdrawals from various pills I am starting to feel much better now. Thank you. I've been out with my puppy 3 days in a row now and he's starting to not get as excited. That is a good thing. I was able to actually stop at the sign in town without him barking in my ear. It was kinda hot today and him not being used to it I took it easy and just had him do sit and stay drills. It is a challenge to my patients at times but he does real good and he is usually eager to learn. Mostly because he thinks his learning and work is play. That does make it much easier. I let him teach me thing too so that helps me teach him. I love teaching that dog so much. As a service dog he is already doing his job. His main job is keeping me calmed down. Then I will teach him a couple of other neat service dog things, like how to pick up my keys or whatever I might happen to drop. I am going to teach him to open doors also. That will come in most handy. Not to mention every time he barks at some one walking or biking down the street he tells them hes here. Best at home security ever. I can even leave my keys in my car or truck with him and I am pretty sure the vehicle will still be there when I get back. lol. Lots of work but so far very rewarding. My fibro pain bother me quite a bit but its easier to ignore when i am working with the dog. Although he makes me sore at times it helps me sleep and that helps with my fibro. Plus I get some exercise and that help with my fibro. mm Seem like I just said that. Plus the dog stays active and it gets him tired and a tired pup is a good pup. Being a German Shepherd Dog he needs daily exercise to keep him from getting bored. Bored GSD's can be a handful. He's 5 and a half months old now and he weighs in at about 52 last week or so when I took him to the vet. That's not even half way there in weight for him. He should come in around 140 or so when he's full grown.  Yes I know. Big dog.  At that i shall leave you for now. My hands and fingers are hurting lika ell mon , you know. Maybe not. Gooood night Chicago I love you .......not really.  Ha ha.... Peace.               

1 comment: